Monday, September 15, 2008

Sort Of Have A Date...

Well, we got a crazy email today from our facilitator saying that we have an appointment at the SDA on Thursday! Yep, that would be in three days folks. Basically that would mean we would have to leave tomorrow. Not possible of course. Our facilitator realized this and said that she feels very confident that she can change the date to at least two weeks from now. I asked if we could maybe have three weeks since she has to change it anyways, but she is not sure and said to be ready to leave in two weeks... We'll know more tomorrow.

So, I think God must have a sense of humor with this one :) I mean - I wrote yesterday (see post below) that I was trusting Him with whatever date we were given and this is true. Actually, except for a very fast heartrate when I first read the email, I was quite certain that it would work out. I imagined two weeks being the absolute shortest notice that we would have and that even that would be highly unlikely. But now two weeks seems like quite a bit of time when we were looking at one day! If at all possible we would have thrown stuff into a suitcase, found tickets and left. But it just isn't. I'm not sure what happenned for us to be given such short notice but it would be impossible to leave so quickly with three children to get ready, packing, and Zach's work that needs to be wrapped up before he leaves. We hope to hear what is going on tomorrow.

So, if you read this tonight, please be in prayer that our facilitator will be shown favor with her request to change our date tomorrow morning (around midnight or so if you live in Texas) and that the date will be at just the right time. She was not concerned but you just never know (obviously from today's events). We have some other things going on that we can't talk about on here but that makes leaving even more difficult right now. We can't wait to go get the girls but need to get a few things prepared to facilitate a smooth transistion when they come home. Please just pray for the Lord to give us the time we need to do what truly needs to be done and for the wisdom to leave the rest for later. Pray that Zach will have the time to accomplish what needs to be done at work so that he can leave with a peaceful heart.

Hopefully more news tomorrow...

5 comments:

Kevin and Pam said...

O.k. so I win. I didn't change my date. I think God really does have a sense of humor! Can you even believe this!!!!!!! I am sure something similar will happen to us.:)

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Whoa - that's crazy!! Praying that your facilitator is/was able to get everything worked out.

Jennifer

ashley said...

ok, so I totally lost, my date was waaaaay off!

Unknown said...

Anything today from Natalia? Are you leaving tomorrow? I think you can get there by then - j/k!
Love ya!

Debora Hoffmann said...

Now I'm on pins and needles! I pray that God will work it all out for you.