Tuesday, September 23, 2008

GOING TO UKRAINE!!!!

OCTOBER 2nd 2008


THAT IS OUR OFFICIAL APPOINTMENT DATE!!!




Whirlwind.


Joy.


Excitment.


Thrilling.


Confusion.


Exhaustion.




Did I mention excitement?!?




I have felt all those emotions and many more in the past 24 hours. Yes we did find out Monday - it just took a few days to have time to sit down and type this. Praise God that there were no problems with the change of appointment date! We continue to see His hand in this process in so many ways and although this week is a flurry of activity with getting ready to leave and finalizing things here - it has once again been incredible to see how He keeps providing in little and big ways. Things are falling into place that I could not have orchestrated and wonderful people have been so very helpful and supportive. From free antibiotics from our doctor, to an amazing travel agent that saved us lots of money, to the most wonderful family in the whole world, to work things for Zach coming together, to a sweet offer of a coming home shower for the girls, to a vet who was able to squeeze in my sick dog :( yesterday...I could go on and on!




We are leaving next Tuesday morning. We can't wait! At this point I can't wait to climb onto that plane and get out a great book I've been saving and just sit and read for a few hours. I LOVE airplanes and airports. Just booking our airfare was exciting and especially things like connections in Germany and Chicago - super cool! I'm like a kid when it comes to airports. Now, I may be singing a different tune by the end of the long travel but right now I am giddy!!




But also very busy and very sad to leave the kids. Wow the emotions fluctuate from happy to sad in a moment when I think of leaving them. That will definitely be the hardest part. And at night when/if I think of all I still need to do - I get a little stressed. Or like last night when we were replacing a broken stove, my dog that I've had since before children came down with something bad going one with one eye (sunken in all the sudden), to a toilet overflowing in a major way, to having a bit of a cold, to a list 10 miles long - I became a bit stressed for a little while... But you know what - I seriously don't have time to be stressed - if I do I will waste precious time. So no stress for me!! Remind me of that at 11:00 tonight :)




More soon!! Did I happen to say that we're excited!?!?!


11 comments:

Zack, Jenn and William said...

So excited for you! Praying as you finalize all your travel plans and prepare for the big day :)

Kevin and Pam said...

So happy for you. Praying we will be right behind you. Look forward to hearing all about it.

Terri said...

I'm SOOOOOOOOO excited for you guys!! I will pray faithfully for you this week as you get everything prepared to leave town. What a mighty God we serve!

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

I am jealous you have an appointment date! (just kidding) With any luck, you will be back home with your new addition by christmas!

Debora Hoffmann said...

Wahoo!!! Stephanee, I'm so excited for you guys! I'll be eager to see how God works everything out...and it's neat to hear how He's been working on your behalf up to this point.

Kari said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for your family and will be praying that everything goes well in Ukraine. We are updating our dossier this week.

adopting2fromUkraine said...

How exciting Stephanee! Isn't it amazing how things do just fall in place when the time is right? Of course, there are always those things that go wrong too!

We'll be praying for you and following your journey.

I'm sure you are already all packed, right:0

June

Connie said...

Here's what ran through my head as I read your post!!!

Prayers

Confidence in Him

Dependence upon Him

Growth in Him

Blessings to you and your family

I'm so excited for you!!! :-)

Connie said...

BTW, Oct. 2 is a very nice date--that's the day we brought our two girls HOME six years ago (was also the b-day of our youngest). Yip, a very nice date, indeed!

junglemama said...

THis is right around the corner. How very exciting. Refresh my memory please.... what ages are the girls?

Tami said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How wonderful! Can't wait to follow your journey!