Thursday, September 4, 2008

Guess the Date!!! (And De-Lurking...)

Okay, we decided to have a little fun during this waiting time... We have been waiting to hear when our SDA appointment in Ukraine will be since we submitted our dossier on August 7th to the SDA. We thought we would hear by now and are starting to get a wee bit impatient. However, it helped that we were very busy with our girls here in August and didn't have much time to dwell on it. It also helps that Kevin and Pam submitted on the same day and haven't heard yet either. I think if it weren't for you guys we would be concerned!! Our facilitator happens to be in the US vacationing and we haven't heard from her for at least a week - hoping for good news soon.


So, in the meantime, leave us a comment with your best guess for when Ukraine will issue us an appointment at the SDA to recieve our referral for the girls. This is the next big step in the process and after we are given that referral, we will go on to the girls' region, accept the refferal and wait for a court date. After court there is a mandatory 10 day wait, during which one or both of us may come home - not sure of the costs of that yet. After that, we have to get a few paperwork things done like medicals and visas I think and then we come home!!!


So, the SDA could be anytime in the next few months - we are told to expect it to be anytime between now (well not for at least a few weeks) and Christmas. We pray that is the case!


And if it's your first time post a comment - just click on the comments tab below and leave a message - pretty easy! We'd love to know who all is reading and appreciate you following our journey!!!


What's your guess?!?

7 comments:

Zack, Jenn and William said...

My guess is October 13, 2008 :)

Jennifer
Mommy to a Ukie Cutie from Mariupol
http://littleboydove.blogspot.com

Kevin and Pam said...

O.k. my guess is going to be September 15! The way things are going, I think they are going to give us short notice. I have been taking my time getting things together. It will be what we least expect:) God likes to keep me on my toes. Good way to pass the time! I need to be more like you and not be so uptight.

Connie said...

Hmmmm, I'll go with Sept. 19! :-)

Stephanee&Zach said...

Okay - I'll add the dates our family has chosen:

Jason (my sister's hubby)
October 8

Me October 14

Allee (our daughter) October 22

Zach October 23

Jeri (my mom) October 28

Ashley (my sis) Nov 3

Ken and Joy said...

Hey there!! Thanks for your encouraging words on our blog! Okay, so I think that I am going to guess November 12th.....can't wait to hear!!

Anonymous said...

I guess October 13th also! I want that to be true since we submitted to the SDA on August 11th and I want to be going early October. But we'll see!

Hang in there....

Unknown said...

I am going with October 20th!