Saturday, September 13, 2008

A quick conversation...

We were finally able to call the girls this morning!!! It was shorter than expected because Alla's phone quit working in the middle, but so sweet to talk to them. I didn't realize until today how much English they had learned - we relied on Alla so much less than we had before to communicate, and they actually understood and answered me in English about basic things. It was so wonderful to hear their voices and to just 'reconnect' a bit. It did make me miss them even more though and I wonder if it is the same for them... They asked again when we were coming and again we said we didn't know but that we hoped it would be soon...


Which leads me to some thoughts that have been rolling around in my head... Obviously we have not heard yet about our appointment and I have to confess that I was stressing out a bit last week over when that might be. My emotions have felt torn between not wanting to leave my babies here and needing to get quite a few things done before leaving, to being ready to hop on the first plane and go get the girls. My old controlling, planning nature kicked in, and I began to imagine different timeline scenarios and what would work best and what just wouldn't work at all for the timing of travel (it is a lot of things to arrange to be gone for so long with work for Zach, the kids left with my parents, pets, my office work, and some other big things going on right now).


However, the Lord has once again calmed my anxious heart and showed me it is so silly for me to be thinking like this. I am worrying over something I have absolutely no control and He sees all the details and knows when the right time is. He sees the needs of all of us, of Allee, Jadon, and Ben, of Katya and Nastya, and of circumstances that we may never know. He will provide the time for us to do what we need (although I may have to readjust my thoughts on what that truly is), and He will provide for our needs and our children's needs while we are gone.

Hopefully there will be another update soon...I have been told that we should have travel dates by Monday. We are praying for God to handpick those dates in His perfect wisdom!

2 comments:

jeri said...

oh yes baby, you can be sure i will remind you of what you said here as you start to stress about leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!! just remind yourself of this often---God is in control and what could be better?! it will all work out and i will be a very good and competent stand in mom for what FIVE WEEKS?!! seriously, i did raise you and you are almost perfect, right? so dont you worry. all will get done and all work out in God's perfect timing. He has proved that to me so many many times in my life. and then true mania will hit when you return and become the mother of five. now that you should stress over! just kidding but barely. so just enjoy these days and all the busyness and fun they will bring you. i love you, mommie

Ken and Joy said...

I hope you hear soon, this is exciting! by the way - I just got your comment on our blog. Feel free to ask away at the questions about traveling! I would be happy to answer and help in anyway I can!

E-mail me at luv2bgwee@yahoo.com

Joy