Sunday, August 31, 2008

Swimmers!!!

Oh my!!! Zach taught Katya and Nastya to swim without assistance or life jackets today! This is so amazing considering that when they arrived three weeks ago, we were dealing with near panic attacks every time they entered remotely deep water even with life jackets and adult assistance! They have swam probably half the days that they have been here and have slowly grown more confident. So after church today we went to my parents' house because it is also my birthday :). Zach took all the kids swimming while I got to relax and drink coffee with my mom and sis. After about two hours of being down at the pool, Benjamin ran up and told me that I they had a surprise and that I had to come see!!! I went down and there they were swimming like fish up and down the pool. And as proud as can be :) Bravo girls!! (and Zach!)

My birthday has been wonderful to be able to celebrate it with so many that I love. What a blessing to have such an amazing family. I love you guys! Thanks for making it so special for me. I just feel so loved! It was extra sweet to have Nastya and Katya here too and they just delighted in making me special gifts and even gave me an interesting birthday chant complete with 'ear tugs' this morning...a unique tradition for sure :) What sweethearts!

4 comments:

Kevin and Pam said...

Happy Birthday!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday! Brandt's birthday is 8/31 as well...he turned 6!

Connie said...

Ear tugs!!!!! Yippee!!!

That's become a family tradition of ours--any and every b-day we celebrate is NOT complete without ear tugs from our native Russians!!!

And congrats to your confident and competent swimmers!!!

Ashley said...

Happy birthday! What a wonderful day! :)

That is awesome that Zach taught them how to swim without the life vests! What a proud moment. :)