Friday, August 1, 2008

BIG Week!

Saturday August 2nd - My sis, brother-in-law, and my parents board a plane to leave for Ethiopia to bring home little Bennet Toufiq. We will be keeping their three year-old daughter Ella while they are gone. What is even more fun about this is that we are staying at my parents house the first five days they are gone and we will be swimming every day! Yeah for something for the kids to do to burn off their endless energy in this incredible hot weather that has been keeping them indoors!!!


Monday August 4th - (this will really be the middle of the night on Sunday for those of us in the US) The critical visa appointment takes place in Kiev that will determine whether the kid are coming on the hosting trip. We are praying that there are NO complications.


Thursday August 7th - We move back to our house with Ella to get last minute stuff ready for the girls and to make a BIG grocery trip. Edit: I just realized I forgot to include that this was also the BIG day that our dossier gets submitted!!! I clearly need sleep :)


Friday August 8th - Our sweet girls are scheduled to arrive late at night. They will be tired but we cannot WAIT to have them here. Everything's ready for them!


Wednesday August 13th - Bennett comes home - party at the airport!!! This morning is also the girls first dentist appointment.





Even with all this - I think it will be less stressful than this past week has been - at least a really fun version :) This past week has been tough - I have been trying to get a ton of work done in the office and getting lots of things checked off the list to prepare for all this. I've just felt overwhelmed in many ways trying to accomplish quite a bit. So I am glad the prep time is just about over :)



UPDATE AND URGENT PRAYER REQUEST:



Since I first typed this post, my sis had a snag in her process. They are still going to Ethiopia tomorrow - thank the Lord, but there is a chance there could be a problem with their immigration paperwork. Basically a typo was made by CIS about the age of the child they are adopting. It must be changed and the paperwork must arrive in Addis Ababa before Wed. or they will be stuck waiting on a visa and delay their return. Pray that God works out the details!!! There is already a senator on it but the timing will be close at best.

2 comments:

Kevin and Tammy said...

We will keep them in our prayers.
We will keep the faith for your submission. We will also pray for a quick answer on a date.
Tammy

Unknown said...

HUGE week!!!!!!!! I got a call from you yesterday but I could not hear you when I answered!!! I am so excited about this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love ya!