Wednesday, July 30, 2008

God of Provision!

I am so incredibly thankful that the much needed dental work that the girls need is being provided! I finally talked with our wonderful dentist today. She saw Nastya in December but it was so close to her leaving that there was not time to tackle the problems. I have been so concerned about both their teeth - although they do look better in pictures now that they has been following my instructions and brushing! What good girls :) But there are some very serious cavities that must be causing pain although Nastya said they didn't. And we don't know what to expect with Katya's teeth yet, except that Nastya told us that Katya had a few pulled! Not a great sign!

We have been praying about how we might get some of the most pressing things addressed while they come for the hosting trip. The biggest hurdle has been the finances. As my sis and I were discussing today - during the adoption process money is like water through the fingers! So I really felt that I needed to ask our dentist - whom I have seen since I was a teenager. I was worried that because we know her so well that she would feel obligated and that is the last thing I wanted. So, I explained to her the situation and told her to please not feel that she had to say yes and that if she can't (she is semi-retired with lots of grand babies) to just recommend who else I could talk to. She kind of laughed at me and told me I was silly for being nervous to ask her and that she would LOVE to do their dental work at no cost! We set up an appointment for their first cleaning, x-rays, and an exam to plan what needed to be done next.

I am so humbled by her generosity. We have not had to ask for help financially before from outside our family. It is an awesome thing. I am so blessed and humbled to be able to recieve this gift. Granted it is for the girls but since we plan to adopt them - I am asking for help for my children. And I think God is teaching me something here.

You see - this is big. Much bigger than us. We cannot do this ourselves. Of course not. "You can do nothing apart from Me..."

But I mean we cannot adopt these children and raise them without the help of other people as well. God will use and already has used MANY other people to minister to these children. Of course this is so true in the lives of all our children but I guess the enormity of the task right now - finances, length of travel and childcare while we are gone, supporting and loving the girls and us as we walk the ups and down of the road before us, medical care, just feeding and clothing five children in general, etc, etc...just makes it crystal clear that we need help. Even more crystal clear that while the Lord clearly provided the adoption money - times are otherwise a bit tight right now.

God will use others in this journey and it will be their blessing and ours.

Thank you to all you love and support us through this - through prayer, encouragement, advice, physical help, and finances. We are richly blessed.

2 Corinthians 9:8-15

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. 9 As it is written: "He has dispersed abroad, He has given to the poor; His righteousness endures forever." Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness, while you are enriched in everything for all liberality, which causes thanksgiving through us to God. For the administration of this service not only supplies the needs of the saints, but also is abounding through many thanksgivings to God, while, through the proof of this ministry, they glorify God for the obedience of your confession to the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal sharing with them and all men, and by their prayer for you, who long for you because of the exceeding grace of God in you. Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!

3 comments:

Connie said...

Rejoicing with you at His marvelous provision!

Welcome to "Adoption 101" where God shows you time and time again His marvelous grace and mercy WHILE he sanctifies YOU. :-)

Our girls came home with dental concerns, too. As a matter of fact I can't think of any older foreign-born children I know of who didn't!

Our oldest had a ROOT CANAL done in Russia before she was 12, and our youngest had what was called 'pink tooth' on/in one of her baby molars.

Today, one just got her braces off and the other can't wait till she gets them on!

Unknown said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!! That is soooo cool. I was going to talk to our dentist tonight actually about the girls! Wow - God is so good ALL THE TIME!!! I am so thankful to have you as a friend. I am here for you to keep the kids while you are gone to Ukraine to bring home your babies (even though they aren't technically "babies.")
Let me know if you need my help while Ash is gone - I am here. Craig will be out of town the week of the 12th so I'll be home by myself. I am still good to go to Austin.
Love you!

ashley said...

I am very proud of you big sis!! Asking for help is a hard hurtle to jump. Patty is such a sweet, kind, lady not only will she help fin. but will make the process and easy as can be for the girls. I cant imagine heading over to a dentist in Ukraine. having them check my grill, and them mutter something in russian. Wow, those little girls have some guts! I love that about them!