Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Private Blog

Sorry about the confusion with the private blog. I got a little paranoid about the agency that we first hosted with trying to find our blog. It's a long story but I have been assured that they have no power to do anything to cause us any problems and I honestly can't imagine why they would.

I don't mind if tons of people that I don't know read our blog because if it can be an encouragement to anyone as so many of your blogs have been to me, then I am humbled. God used blogs of others - especially Kristina's story (thanks Leslie!) - during the time that He first began to move our hearts toward older child adoption/hosting.

So for many reasons (to share with others who desire to share this journey and because it is a huge source of encouragment for us to have all of you readers sharing with us and praying for us and the girls) I am leaving it open.

As I've mentioned before, we were with an agency at first (when we first hosted) who proved to be quite dishonest to us and mostly to several friends who hosted with us. It's a long story but we are somewhat concerned that they are not very happy that we decided not to use them to adopt. Now, for the record, just because you host with an agency you are in no way obligated to use them for your adoption. But, a few things lately have made us concerned that they could try to cause problems for us either by trying to take us off the list at the SDA to submit our dossier or even by directly causing difficulties through the people at the girls' orphanage.

Our facilitator, whom we completely trust and are so thankful to have, assures us that this cannot be done. And it seems unlikely that they would waste their time with nothing to gain. And even more unlikely that they would come looking for my blog. And even if they did, we are not hiding anything.

If you are reading this, please pray for protection from any who would seek to cause problems. It is beyond my comprehension to imagine why anyone would want to cause problems. They stand to gain nothing but yet seem vindictive - and when they were the ones who were in the wrong. If these people had a reputation of honesty we would have gladly utilized their services to adopt.

I do know that despite my concerns and the anxiety that sometimes grips me regarding the possiblities, God is so much bigger than any of this. I am trusting that He can overcome any evil plans that may or may not exist. I think sometimes I may be overly imaginative to think that these are possiblities, but whether these are real concerns or not, I must lay it before the Lord.

I read and prayed about the verses below this morning and know that worry only causes harm. These verse gave me great peace. Pray that I will remain in that place of resting and trusting in Him. Pray that I will only allow these concerns to push me to pray more and trust more but that I will truly rest in the Lord.

Psalm 37

Do not fret because of evildoers,
Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity.
2For they shall soon be cut down like the grass,
And wither as the green herb.


3Trust in the LORD, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
4Delight yourself also in the LORD,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.


5Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
6He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.


7Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
8Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Do not fret--it only causes harm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God indeed is so much bigger. We are praying for you!

Kevin and Pam said...

I am so glad you didn't go private! You are right, people are truly blessed from these blogs. I also find they help me through the waiting... God will be the one who determines if the kids are meant to be ours or not. Nobody can change His plans.