Monday, July 7, 2008

August 7th, 2008

I knew it was going to happen soon. I've been almost obsessive about checking my email, as my family can attest to. But we'll get back to the good news...

I knew at any moment I could have an email with a date. A date we've been hoping and praying for since Christmas. And although we have had reason to hope it would be soon, in the back of my mind, I worried. I thought that maybe there would be a mistake and it wouldn't happen at all or at least not right now.

Well today as I checked my email for the hundredth time since I knew that the August list had been posted, I finally saw what I had been waiting for - an email titled "dossier submission"! We got the date that our dossier will be submitted to the SDA! We can't believe it is so soon - August 7th is amazing! And to make things even more amazing it is likely that we could receive an SDA appointment relatively quickly. My most optimistic guess WAS that we could be in Ukraine by November but it seems entirely possible that we could be there by October or maybe even September. I would LOVE to travel in September - I think the weather would be really nice and of course the sooner the better. The girls are still scheduled to be here for hosting from Aug 8th until Aug 31st, so it could be a short time for them to go home before we are there to adopt them. Of course whether we can be ready to travel and settle the things that need to be settled first could be another issue. The timing seems a little crazy with lots of things going on in our family and extended family, but clearly it is out of our control and we trust that God will provide what we all need.

Okay and if that wasn't enough good news, my dossier also arrived in Kiev today and my facilitator told me it looked really good! I'm so proud of all those papers!

So now it is time to finish a few thousand things we need to do before we go and get prepared for traveling for so long!!!

What an amazing day :)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

YEEHAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo excited for you guys! We also got a date for August 12th! But, we are writing a letter talking about our newest addition to our family and if we could possibly push that date back to the winter just to keep ourselves on the list. HOwever, we have ALOT of praying to do - do we stick with Ukraine? Do we give that up? I just have ALL these thoughts running through my head!
I am just jumping out of my skin that you guys are so close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you guys!

Terri said...

I'm SOOOOOOO happy for ya'll and will be praying for everything to go through without any glitches!
Rejoicing,
Terri

ashley said...

That is such awesome news!! I really cant believe that its happened so quickly. I know (believe me, I know) that things can go wrong but I really feel like its smooth sailing from here!!! What an amazing journey so far!

jeri said...

wow--talk about God's perfect timing. He has so obviously had His hand on these girls and your family. it is inspiring to watch. so you are soon to be a mommie of 5!! that just about takes my breath away. who would of thought that my little girl who didnt even like to babysit would be a mother of five. but you are a wonderful mother and i know these girls as well as your entire family will be blessed in many ways that i can only now imagine. congratulations and i cant wait for these little spitfire ukraninians to arrive. love you tons, mommie

Kevin and Pam said...

We got our date to file too! It is the same date as yours, August 7th. I am so grateful and excited. Maybe we will see each other there. What region are you going to?

Ken and Joy said...

That is great news! We got our submission date of July 21st, so we may just be traveling around the same time!!!

Stephanee&Zach said...

Yeah!!! I love comments! Thanks so much for everyone's encouragment and prayers! I am so blessed to have such a supportive family and friends! And now new blog friends who we will hopefully meet in Ukraine!! How exciting to follow each others journeys!

steffany said...

wahoooo

Leslie said...

Woo hoo! We're so excited for you! Keep us posted!

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

Congrats on your date!! My husband and I are still waiting on our date but pray to be overseas by Christmas of this year. I wish you the best.

Conethia

Debora Hoffmann said...

HOORAY!!! Slava Bogu! August 7 is fantastic news!