Monday, March 30, 2009

YOU Can Help!!!


We are blessed beyond what we can describe to have our two precious girls home. I look back on the path that brought us to our girls and them to us and am awed by how God smoothed the path to bring them home. However, our time with the other children at the orphanage has left a burden on our hearts that will not be lifted. They told us to please remember them but how could they know that we can not forget.


Listen to the words of this song. Really listen. I am responsible. 143 million orphans. We are all responsible. What can we do? Can we adopt them all? No. But there is a small part that each of us is called to play in ministering to orphans as God calls us. That may be adoption or it may be mission trips or it may be supporting those who are called to adopt. Each has a part and my part now is to tell others of what I have seen and to share the burden. To speak for those who can't speak for themselves.
So how can you help?
Well, that is something to cry out to God and ask Him to reveal to you personally. I promise if you begin praying for orphans and asking God what part He wants you to play in ministering to them - He will reveal it and you will be blessed beyond measure as you join Him in loving those so precious to Him.

But here is one possibility to consider right now:

An amazing thing is taking place this coming Saturday morning. A dream is coming to fruition after many years of prayer. My sweet friends Becca and Camille have both adopted, and the two of them have had a burden for the 143 million orphans that long for a family and home and who are often in desperate conditions. These two women were both a huge support to me through the past 18 months as we moved through the adoption process, and I am blessed to have them as my friends. The three of us began meeting and praying once a week last year for the children who were orphans and about adoption. Then Camille's good friend had a vision - "why don't we put together a run to raise money to help families with the financial part of adopting!" Because as anyone who had been involved in adoption, you know that the costs are huge and are very often the largest obstacle for families who desire to bring children home.


So a Charity Team was started to organize a race. This Charity Team has partnered with G.R.A.C.E. (God Rescuing All Children Everywhere) Adoption Ministry and River Stone Community Church to make this team a reality. The more money we raise, the more families we can help fund adoptions and bring children home. The families we support apply to receive funding and go through a very thorough screening by G.R.A.C.E.’s Board Members; they are awarded funds based on need and other selection criteria.


So on Saturday morning I will be running alongside several awesome ladies including my sis. I can't wait and am excited about running in my first official run but am even more excited about the reason we are running.


If you want to help - even small amounts count and add up - here's where you go to donate:

Go to http://www.river-stone.org/raceforadoption.htm and use “add special instructions to the seller field” and please enter my name. If you want to mail a check leave me message and I will email you the address.


I have lots more to update about...more coming soon.

3 comments:

The Flying Eagle said...

Thank God for Becca and all that your group does. I can not express what a wonderful gift she has given to us personally. Our finances are tight as we save to host this summer (all thanks to Becca!) and hopefully be able to adopt our son's sister. But anything I can do to help, just let me know. Monica

Terri said...

I'm so glad to hear about this race. Adoption has come up on our radar again and the money is always the thing that holds us back. May God bless this with great success.

David and Jenny Borden said...

Thank you so much for sharing on your blog. I especially appreciate you continuing to blog after you're home. We are in the process of adopting a sibling set of 3! We have 3 bio children right now. We hosted the two older siblings (8 & 10) this summer and found out they have a 5 year old sister. The Lord clearly led us to adoption. Since saying yes, He has totally provided! We now have a travel date--Apr 24th. Tonight, I was beginning to panic thinking of the issues these children could have and how that could affect my bio children, leaving my bio children for the trip to Ukraine, etc. etc. The Lord led me to your blog somehow (we're in Kentucky btw) and it has been a real reminder to me that the Lord is still in control and things can go alright--it doesn't have to be worst-case scenario. Best wishes, Jenny