Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter, Family, and The Sound of Music...

It was a lovely Easter weekend. We had our first mini road trip with the girls and headed north about 6 hours to Zach's parents' home. It was wonderful to spend time with them and to introduce the girls to the dairy farm. I suppressed my giggles as our previously prissy Kateryna chased chickens, watched cows being milked, stepped in cow manure, rode on a tractor with Poppy, and planted a garden with Gran. All the kids had a fabulous time but I especially was happy to see her enjoying herself and only once cringing at the smelly cow poop as I made her scrub it off her shoe :) I'm heartless! They each picked out a baby cow that they named and will get regular reports on as they grow and mature to have their own babies and become milk producers.
We also enjoyed lots of piano and guitar playing, singing, and dressing up with Gran. We have recently been watching The Sound of Music and it is the current favorite. So, Katya and Allee decided to put on a show for us. They memorized at least five songs and made up dances to go along with them. Here is a sample of the show... It was really impressive!!!! Future performance times and ticket sales will be announced soon. The girls plan to make it big time in the show business now!





Last but not least we had egg dyeing, egg hunting, a wonderful time to praise our Saviour on Sunday morning, and lots of yummy food. We are now home detoxing :) Oh, except that my Benjamin's birthday is TODAY!!! And of course the traditional birthday cake wake-up could not be left out. So it was one more day of sweets after all. But tomorrow is another day :) I plan to post about Ben's birthday on the other blog tomorrow...



Tonight, I did fit in my first run since the 5K. I am now hooked on these and plan to do another next weekend. Anyone interested?!?
Jenny, I got your post on the last blog post that I did and would love to email with you but can't figure out what your email is. Please email me at stephaneep@hotmail.com

5 comments:

jeri said...

allee and kateryna certainly have a big career ahead of them, i am sure! they were great. sounds like yall had tons of fun! i have only one question----when will you begin your garden and chicken coop?
so glad yall were able to go to gran and poppy's for easter and spend time with them. we all missed you alot but i am so glad you all had fun together. love, mommie

Kevin and Pam said...

What a beautiful farm. I would have loved that when I was kid! Actually, I still would. Looks like a fun way to enjoy Easter. I also have been meaning to tell you I think its great what you are doing to help out other families wanting to adopt. Loved all your pictures and enjoyed the "show". We love Sound of Music also!

Mandy said...

I talked to you some at the Sally Clarkson conference and just wanted to stop by and say hi. It looks like your sweet family of 7 is having lots of fun!

The Heads said...

Awwe the video brought back memories of my sisters and me when we were younger...we would perform the exact same song from Sound of Music! Hope you guys are doing great! Sarah

ashley said...

Allee and Kateryna are going to kill you one day when the find out this was on the internet for all to see! I love it, dont we all have these amazing video's of us as kids performing in the living room!