Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Home!

So sorry for the silence here. We did make it home late Sunday night. Hallelujah for America. For signs that I can read and english speaking voices all around. For a car that is parked out front that I can drive. For a soft bed. For a washing machine and DRYER - I have tried to refrain from kissing them both. For a phone that I can call my friends and family on. For bedtime stories and snuggles. For an amazing family that blessed us more than I can describe right now and gave us an unbelievable surprise when we got home (more later). For oh so much more. It is good to be home!

The girls did great on the flight but it was just long and we were all exhausted. Our first few days at home have been good but a little crazy. Nothing bad, just chaotic due to lack of routine... And now I have a pretty nasty cold that I guess I picked up from one out of my three children who have been sick. I feel very bad actually. Anyways, all is well other than that and more will follow as soon as the computer screen quits swimming in front of me! Please pray for a quick recovery for me as I am in high demand in the first days home to reintegrate to life here and to love on our two new daughters and our three darlings that missed us so very much. But all I want to do is sleep and it hurts to talk...

I promise a better update and pictures very soon!

10 comments:

Colleen said...

Welcome home! Get some rest & post photos when you can. We're all praying for you & all the kiddos.
Congratulations again!
Blessings,
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanee! I spoke to Camille today and she said she was at the airport! I am so happy for you. We are still mid process. If you have any tips to share besides, rush, rush, get your dossier to Natalia, please share! Bless you and your new family members! How blessed you are!

Jennifer

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

Glad you made it home safe and sound!! Can't wait to see some photos of ALL your kiddos together:)

Connie said...

I was honestly hoping that your next post would be the "We're Home" post!!!!!!

You have a cold? Hmmmm, apparently that is 'required' of new adoptive mothers--our whole family came down with one within hours of arriving home. Although, you sound quite miserable--praying for you.

Don't hesitate to call on your friends and family to come over and do some 'play time' with the kids while you sleep/rest. It's a perfect opportunity for the kids to bond and see how family and friends are supposed to function. If you're like me, you hesitate to ask for or accept 'help' (you're younger, so it may even be harder for you!!)

So glad you're home!!! Please email me your mailing address--we'd like to put together a little 'welcome home' package for your girls!

God's richest blessings to you and your family!!!!

Debora Hoffmann said...

Oh, Stephanee! I hope you get well soon. It's no fun to be sick and NEEDED to boot.

Please take a clove of fresh garlic, minced, in a spoon, cover it with raw honey, and chase it down with warm water. Be sure to have a little food in your stomach, too. Do this three times a day. Garlic is God's antibiotic!

I'm so glad you're home. What a huge blessing for all of you that God has bestowed on you, especially your sweet girls who so needed the love of a family. Slava Bogu!

Jason & Melanie said...

YEA....YOU ARE HOME....Congratulations!!! Sorry that you are not feeling well...it has to help to be able to lay in your own bed while your sick, huh? I became very sick in Ukraine and wanted to be home SO BAD... so excited for you that you made it and pray that you are feeling better quickly! Can't wait to see more pics when you get well! Even though I am several states away, don't forget that you are welcome to call me anytime and if you make it B-ham, please let us know!!!
Melanie
Melanie

adopting2fromUkraine said...

Welcome home! I was very sick after coming home the first trip. The air quality isn't really very good in Ukraine, plus being on the go and without proper sleep takes it's toll.

Get rested and hope you get better soon!

June

Ken and Joy said...

Welcome home! Glad you all made it home safely! It is amazing how good home feels after being in a completely different environment. I literally wanted to kiss the ground when we landed in America! It felt great! :)

Congrats on your new Family!!

Tami said...

Welcome home! Doesn't sleeping in your own bed feel absolutely amazing? And I have to admit hugging my dryer when we first got back. ;>) There are several things I will never take for granted again.

Sylvia said...

Welsome home! We have an appointment at the SDA on December 10 (second attempt) - this time a known adoption. We are looking for other children to pray for (and adopt) if this does not work out for us. Our goal is to provide an orphan with a loving home. Please feel free to email us at thechristies@earthlink.net