Thursday, April 17, 2008

Guess What We Got!!

No not our 171H form that we are looking for in our mailbox every day....

BUT...

A LETTER from the girls!!!

I tried to post a picture of the letter but for some reason uploads are not working...

They mailed it about two months ago but it just got here last week. Then we couldn't read it because it was written in Ukrainian of course! But if you have been following this story from the beginning - on our other blog - then you will remember that I was in a Bible study last Fall with a lady who is a nurse for a Ukrainian doctor! What are the odds of that?! It was definitely a God-ordained situation so that I could be put in touch with this whole group of Ukrainian people in our area. I mean what are the odds that I would be randomly put into a group of about five women and one of them is connected to this Ukrainian group, and all this happened just weeks before we hosted Nastya? So, all of the families who hosted this Christmas were able to attend the Ukrainian Christmas party at the doctor's house. While we were there, we met a sweet woman who now lives here but who grew up in Ukraine. Liliya gave me her phone number and offered to help in any way that she could. So, I contacted her, we met today, and she translated the letter for me. I wrote it down while she read, so here's the translation - as best I could write it while she read it. Katya writes in a mixture of Ukrainian and Russian and then throws in a little English here and there :), so Liliya had a hard time following some of it at first...

Good afternoon Mommy. How are you? How are things with you? Happy Valentines to you. Natya and I say hello to Allee and Jadon and Ben. Nastya and I miss you very much and want you to come visit. I have a birthday in May and I want you to come and visit us. Please say hello to everybody. If you were to have badminton and if you can, please send badminton. Would you please tell me when your birthday is.

Hello papa. How are you doing? How's your work?

What are we doing? We are studying and trying really hard to study and draw. We have a new friend Olya. Olya and her brother were going to come to America last summer but they didn't come. Now this summer they are getting ready to come.

Papa, please send shampoo and soap for face and hands. I love bananas, it is no secret. Please send some. Grandmother, Granfather, Aunt, and Uncle and everybody Nastya and I say hello. I will draw more pictures for you. When I grow up I will sing. That is my dream.

I love you very much! Write back very soon.

Katya

Ashley - do notice that they said hello to you :)

No comments: