Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Where Did Three Weeks Go?


The 17 Ukrainian children that Charis Orphan Care and Adoption Ministries brought to Texas for Christmas have now safely returned to their orphanages. But although they are gone from us for now, what has happened in their hearts and in the hearts of those who were involved with them cannot be returned to what it was. All involved have been changed. This trip was short but for some reason it was extra special. God did incredible things through this and we just give Him all the praise and glory for what has taken place. Many hearts have been moved on behalf of orphans - those specifically that came as well as the needs of orphans in general. Many if not most of our host families are pursuing adoption. Wow! And the children - they were filled up with love, fun, memories, gifts, family time, and we pray the presence of the Lord in the host homes. We pray for each one of them, that God will continue to water the seeds that were planted and that not one good plan that He has for them would be lost. My heart aches for several in particular. At the same time I am filled with joy at the gift of being involved in this ministry. Loving orphans has been a joy mingled with pain like nothing else that I can describe. It must be just a small taste of the love and joy and pain that our Father pours out over us.

In Fall 2006, Zach and I went to a Hope for Orphans conference. The opening was a short video with Steven Curtis Chapman and his daughter about hidden treasure. Then our speaker asked us all if we wanted to be blessed. He then said to simply get involved with what God cares about, to join Him in His work, to love what He loves.... I didn't really get it then. But I get it a little better now. Blessed we are to love our own children as well as those who remain fatherless. These 17 children have blessed me and all those involved with them in ways that are incredible. Is it all easy? Of course not - it is incredibly hard sometimes. And I have shed more than a few tears due to the sheer amount of work, the emotions, the pain. But strangely enough - the joy comes through the pain - through seeing God do what only He can do - in hearts, in circumstances, in incredible details that have caused me to just stand speechless as I just see Him at work. And I know it is all Him.


Want to get involved? Visit our website, email me for more info, consider hosting this summer, pray, give, etc, etc.

Charis has some exciting new things on the horizon...


Here are our girls from the salon day! What fun this was!!





Lots of more pics soon - The Salon and Limo Day, Ice Skating, Face Painting, and much more!!

5 comments:

Kevin and Pam said...

Can't wait to hear more and see more pictures of all the kids!

SG said...

Do you know of any hosting programs in the Houston area this summer?

debragillar@hotmail.com
TAMU class of '92

Rachael said...

Is it possible to host or is there a hosting program in the northeast?

I love your blog.

Jason & Melanie said...

Stephanee~ Oh, this just warms my heart! What an amazing thing! Your posts always bring me encouragement! Yes, I would love to catch up on everything soon! I will try to send you an email soon. Mel

Meandering Maine said...

Stephanee - I sent you an email from rachael@meanderingmaine.com. I am not sure if it got to you.

Rachael