Friday, October 2, 2009

One Year Ago...

We were in Ukraine and had just recieved our referral at the SDA!! What a sweet time that was. Oh, how I am aching to go back. I am really begging Zach for us to figure out a way to go and visit the kids and to take the girls back for a little visit in the next year or two.


The nostalgia has been incredibly strong the past two days and I'm sure all month I will be reflecting back on our trip. It seems crazy to me though to think that our girls have not been here much, much longer.


More reflections soon...

4 comments:

Kevin and Pam said...

Can you believe it was a year already? Funny I am going through the same anxiety this year as last with a different adoption. I would love to take Justin back to see his friends also. He misses them.

The McEacherns said...

If you're missing Ukraine, you can see current pics on our blog. We're hear waiting for our second appointment. Congrats on one year home! Blessings!

Cindy said...

Know that spot well ... Always love your posts.

adopting2fromUkraine said...

We took our daughter back to Ukraine this past summer, to her old orphanage. I'm not sure it was a good idea.

Blessings,
June

BTW - Your description of The Miracle Worker, reminded me of the Patty Duke version which I remember vividly from childhood. Maybe we need to borrow and watch that one?:0