Saturday, May 31, 2008

Talked to Them Just Now!!

Like cold water to a weary soul, So is good news from a distant land.
Proverbs 25:25

How wonderful it was to hear "Good Morning" at 11:00 at night!! We are so thankful to hear their sweet voices and to just have a sweet, lighthearted conversation with them! They think it is so funny when we say 'ya tebe lebleu' which is 'i love you' in Ukrainian:) I guess we sound kinda funny with our American/Texas accents. They are just precious. I must admit that at times I get caught up in the process of the adoption and I don't realize that I have forgotten how very much I love these girls until I hear their voices and a get a quick glimpse into their lives. We thought it was a neat glimpse into their hearts that they when they realized that it was nighttime here, they were so concerned that we had stayed up late to call them (it is 8 hours later there). We told them that we were more than happy to stay up!!

It had been way too long since we had been able to talk to them - issues with phone service over there and busyness on the part of our translator has made it difficult over there. I have been missing them a lot this week and just praying for God's protection over their lives. We are really hoping and praying that the visas are issued QUICKLY!!! Please pray with us for them!

3 comments:

Connie said...

Most definitely am praying!

What a sweet blessing and joy to get to TALK to your girls!

Unknown said...

I am sooo glad you got to talk to them too. So, is Katya back at the orphanage? I can't wait to see them this summer and I am praying for VISAS!!!! Love ya!

ArtworkByRuth said...

Just stopping in to say hi, found your blog off another today. Our hosting group from Belarus took the kids to Moscow to get the visas...Will pray yours comes quickly.