Monday, March 31, 2008

Physicals... Check, Check!

Well, just a few more things we can cross off our list on the dossier. We had our physicals done and found out for sure that we don't a bunch of crazy diseases :) Our doctor did write negative for mental illnesses - we put on a great show :) Actually it was quite painless and somewhat enjoyable - our doctor spent a lot of time talking to us - he leads music at our church and it was great to get to know him a little better. We are very thankful as well to have finally found a great doctor since we moved (two years ago)!


Yep, we are pretty close to finishing the dossier - just a few papers left to get together and then all the apostilles - but that's not too bad since we live fairly close to where we get that done.


But all that to say and we still have absolutely NO idea when we will be able to submit our dossier to Ukraine! So we could end up having to do everything again in six months if we haven't submitted by then. Everyone you talk to has a different opinion because it is pretty unpredictable right now... Some say we won't even be able to submit in 2008 - what?!? That would be crazy to think it could be a year before we could bring them home but we knew there are no guarantees going into it. I know all the reasons and the varying causes of these delays, but the bottom line is - it STINKS! These bureaucratic issues affect lives... Oh well, as frustrating as it is, I can't and don't dwell on it - I know that God is in control and that His timing is perfect and that nothing is too hard for Him. So we will do what we can to complete the dossier - regardless if we have to do it again, it will feel amazing to just send that thing to Ukraine and be done with the paper chase. I must confess...I was bragging a bit at the start of gathering my dossier - "oh this is really a piece of cake", "why does everyone say this is so hard?", etc... Well last night I nearly had a fit when I realized that I had to REDO some papers that required driving all over town today :) I am eating those words!!!


Also, please pray for my friend who also hosted with us this Christmas. They very much have wanted to adopt the little girl they hosted and have found out that she is not available at this time. It is uncertain what her situation is and whether she can become 'adoptable'. They want the best for her - it is not about them. Just pray for God to work mightily in this child's life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't you just LOVE the paperwork - I ate my words MANY times!!! Love ya!